Pages

Friday 13 March 2015

My Special Place Mahia

My Special Place Mahia 


The huge blue sign pointed us the way into Mahia.


As we went along dust was flicking up on the gravel road.

The big yellow house was in my sight.

I could see my nanny from a far distance.

Standing on the balcony as she does, waving her hands around.

“I am finally here” I mumbled.

Salty sea water drifted through the wind as it tickled my nose .

Waves crashed among the rocks scaring the few fish away.

The car door opened and I felt freedom.

I am officially home again as I smelt my nan's fragrance.



4 comments:

  1. That is such good writing its nice to see your emotion being put into you writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super explaining Kiana i got a BIG picture in my brain

    ReplyDelete
  3. victoria sullivanMonday, March 16, 2015

    Great story. Also very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful piece of special place poetic writing.
    I like how you have described your senses, without saying "I smell" or "I see". Well done!

    ReplyDelete