Pages

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Moving Schools

Moving Schools

Do you ever get that feeling where huge butterflies fly around in your stomach and you feel a bit funny? Well today it was like that. I had moved from Henry Hill in Napier,to Parkvale in Hastings. I was getting nervous and even a bit speech less. My lips were going dry and I was getting shy. I don’t know why, because I’m normally quite confident when meeting someone new.

I met my new teacher, Mr Cottrell. I wonder what he thought of me. The bell had rung and two girls Tiana and Georgia came to introduce themselves. While my teacher was doing the register we all got into a circle for circle time. I found out all the kid’s name’s in my class and what they enjoy. It was Mr Cottrell’s turn to speak now. He is a tennis coach and his favorite subject teaching us is P.E and wants to teach us more of it.

It was my turn to introduce myself. I said that I enjoy athletics, netball and soccer and then I heard Mr Cottrell whisper “who’s your mum”. Yeah thats right my mum is Mrs Hardaker and she is a teacher at this school in room 19.

So now you know what butterflies feel like on my part of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment