Pages

Sunday 23 August 2015

Cross Country, Moment In Time

My Goal is to extend or clarify meaning and engage the audience.

I choose to blog this because I am very proud of the effort I have added into this moment in time.

Butterflies flew around in my stomach as the microphone went crazy, I was ready. All I  could think about was staying close to Aniela.  The speaker squeaked again “Go”  yelled Mr G. I sprinted like a tiger chasing down a deer. I was shocked, I was leading the race.  Sprinting around the cones keeping my paste, I could hear footsteps coming from behind, I knew she would catch me I thought. I took snippets every 5 seconds but all I saw were glares of her. We were both going through the spiral of learning, I grit my teeth as she accelerated past me. I can only do my best I thought. I was leaping high over the hurdles as the crowd quietly cheered. 


I looked behind me, no one was there, pheww I thought. I went back to chasing her but it didn't work. Aniela looked behind and gassed a little more. My brain twisted and turned, I desperately wanted 1st place. I was onto my 2nd lap. As tired as I was, I was still giving it heaps. In through your nose out through your mouth, Ideas were zooming through my mind. Another lap down one to go. I was yet again in the spiral of learning whoopie, just about finished. Over the hurdles and around the bend. Sprinting down the home strait, everyone was yelling when I crossed the line. I fell to my knees gasping for breath, everything went so sudden, Mr M was running over with my inhaler, Mrs B was telling it was okay and to relax. I knelled there for a while and then got up, I walked to the desk well wiping the sweat of my face. My final result was 2nd but I’m fine with that. Now it’s time to focus for inter schools I muttered.




save imagesave image

2 comments:

  1. Well done kiana this moment in time is very interesting and you inspired me to write mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with your moment in time. It really hooked me in. Great job and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete