Pages

Friday 15 August 2014

Motor Cross Champs

Motocross champs
Scenes word
Exciting words
Surroundings
I could feel my hands sweating
Adrenaline pumping
People Cheering
I could hear the birds tweeting
nerve wracking
Birds tweeting
I could taste The red bull still sitting in my throat
Gulp Gulp
Trees moving side to side
I could  see other competitors  in front of me
Exciting


Persevering


Petrified


I got to the start of the track, my adrenaline was pumping and I was ready to roll until this boy whispered,
“Sophie what are you doing? You're a girl, you can’t race us boys”.
As I Gulped I said to myself, maybe I can’t do this, he might be right.


The competition had just started and I could hear birds tweeting up in a tall tree.
I came to one of the steepest ramps in the competition.
Everyone I looked at was cheering, I knew they were relying on me.  
It was nerve wracking, I’ve never been down one of these ramps before, I was petrified.
As my engine accelerates I got my confidence back. I was ready to go 42km down this ramp.


Woah! I yelled throwing one hand in the air.
Now I’m in third place I better go catch up to these boys, I thought in my mind.
As I skid around a bendy corner, I can see a boy up a head.
Now is my chance I chant in my head.
I just past Mac, I have raced him a couple of times in some other Motor bike comps.
“ Hey I never knew you could beat me, you must of improved,” Mac Shouts.


Home strege is in site I need to finish first.
The judges called out “come on Soph speed up you can do this.”  
Thats right I can do this, I mumbled
I saw the other contestant in front of me  
Now is my chance, I press harder on the petal and fly past the boy in front of me. The finish line is right there, the judges are smiling and the crowd is cheering. The commentators are talking about the finish and how well I did. I have never been in this situation before where I’m excited and nervous about getting a gold medal.   
What a great felling!


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment