Pages

Sunday 14 September 2014

Riverdale sport exchange in Palmerston North

As we approached the bus I thought to myself, "Check out that bus" I muttered to my dad who was driving me to school that morning.

Sophia and I sat on the seats behind the toilet, wasn't a great choice as people decided to give us grief for sitting there. Sophia and I were happy however as we joked and laughed with Krya, Bree, Emma, Leilani and Poppy.

Keeping on the toilet theme, the toilets in Woodville were disgusting! There we practiced Tutira Mai Nga Iwi and the boys practiced the Haka. We sounded good.

Back on the bus called Mr D. Sophia and I sang songs on the bus and video ourselves doing it. It was a crack up.

When we arrived, we were met by 3 students from Riverdale, who introduced themselves and led us to the hall. We were greeted by their Principal and then Mr D replied.

Soon we were in our sports uniforms and on the court ready to play. I played centre. I found it challenging as my opponent was a lot taller than me and very skilled. Dam she was good. During the game I needed water, as I took a drink I realised their water was fowl, it tasted like chlorine.

It was a draw 10 all. I made a new friend and overall what an amazing experience.

We got back on the bus and went to the pools. Apparantly, it was meant to be the best pools in the North Island....it wasn't.

We arrived home at about 5ish and Helen was there to pick Conor and I up. We had pizza for tea and I told mum all about my day.

I loved it because it was my first trip away with  my new School. I would like to say congratulations to all the others who went to Riverdale today as everyone represented Parkvale with Pride.


No comments:

Post a Comment