Pages

Friday 22 May 2015

Emotive Writing

Emotive Writing

WALT choose words and phrases appropriate to the topic

Success Criteria:
  • Strong verbs, nouns, adjectives (not overdoing) and adverbs, simile, alliteration, metaphor, emotive language
  • Starting using different starters
  • Range of sentence types, simple, compound, complex
  • Structured into two paragraphs (emotive description and then connections/imaginative piece)

Music got louder as  my fingertips slid across the volume button.
I opened my mouth, a squeal and a squeak came out, it was beautiful.
“How historic? Too historic?” I thought as words fluttered around in my mind.  
I woke up, up from my amazing day dream. Trumpets played while students wrote. I didn't know what to write, I just listened as the rock music filled my ears. Train noises, clattering high heels. No, all of those ideas just didn't come to me as how the song was playing.  What was it, I didn't know what it was. It sounded like a national anthem from some sort. Although could it be, the last post from an Anzac ceremony.


All you heard was hard drums banging and then a silent tune.
Singing is one of my talents and hobbies, I love it. I just wanted to sing along even though the song didn't have lyrics. Then a thought came to my mind, was it the start of my dad’s back in the day music.
The song stopped, my emotions stopped I went back to old Kiana where I would just be me instead of emotional me.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment